Why make an appointment
Increasingly many of my patients are making their first appointment to support or further improve their health, vitality and sense of wellbeing rather than to address a specific medical condition. As an experienced holistic therapist I treat all aspects of health and wellbeing and I tailor treatment to an individuals needs at that point in time to whatever is best needed. This may be just by providing herbal remedies and supportive professional wellbeing advice and/or combined with nutritional help and diet plans; or we can bring in yoga, breath awareness and mindfulness techniques, particularly helpful with stress-related issues, or a series of wellbeing coaching sessions if thats more what the client wants.
Traditional use and scientific evidence support the use of herbal medicine for the following, all of which I have experience of treating:
- Anxiety, emotional problems, stress, tension, poor sleep, depression, headache, migraine, fatigue.
- Digestive complaints including indigestion, stomach and duodenal ulcer, Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, diverticulitis, piles and fissures.
- Skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and skin infections.
- Period pain, premenstrual syndrome, menstrual and menopausal problems, endometriosis, PCOS, fertility problems. I'm also very glad to offer support during pregnancy.
- Thyroid problems and other metabolism issues
- 'Adrenal exhaustion', chronic fatigue syndrome, post-viral syndrome, ME
- Asthma, bronchitis, hay fever, recurrent colds, tonsillitis, sinusitis. Infections of many kinds, immunity problems and allergies.
- Cystitis including interstitial cystitis, kidney problems, prostatitis, enlarged prostate and other conditions affecting the urinary tract.
- Sexual health, erectile dysfunction and libido issues.
- All kinds of arthritis, joint and muscle pain, gout, inflammatory conditions and fibromyalgia
- High blood pressure,cardiovascular problems, palpitations, varicose veins, poor circulation, Raynauds, chilblains.
- Feeling unwell when no medical cause can be found.
- Prevention of illness, especially during stressful times, is often requested.
- Well-being in terminal illness.